Conferences and Workshops
Conferences and Workshops
Conferences and Meetings
- Reversibility and Mutability Research: Approaches to Reducing Health Disparities 2017 IAGG Pre-Conference Workshop
- The National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities (NIMHD) will host the Health Disparities Research Institute (HDRI) from August 14 - 18, 2017. The HDRI aims to support the research career development of promising minority health/health disparities research scientists early in their careers and stimulate research in the disciplines supported by health disparities science. See https://nimhd.nih.gov/programs/edu-training/hd-research-institute
- Diversity and Disparities in Alzheimer's Disease Family Caregiving: Progress and Future Directions. Wednesday, May 3, 2017 | 8:30 am - 5:00 pm | UC Davis Conference Center. https://www.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu/latinoaging/
- Southern Gerontological Society Annual Meeting, April 6-9, 2017 in Asheville, NC. Abstract submissions through December 15, 2016. https://southerngerontologicalsociety.org/sgs-annual-meeting/.
- International Association of Gerontology and Geriatrics, Quadrennial Scientific Meeting, July 23-27, 2017 in San Francisco. Early registration deadline May 2, 2017.
- 24th annual RAND Summer Institute (RSI) in Santa Monica, CA, July 10-13, 2017. Targeted to pre- and post-doctoral students and junior faculty, and to more senior researchers new to aging research. Application deadline 3/1/17. See http://www.rand.org/labor/aging/rsi/
Past Meetings of Interest
- Characterizing and Addressing Stigma in Diverse Elders – An NIA Priority Topic. 2016 RCMAR Workshop at GSA, November 16 in New Orleans.
- 2016 ICAA Conference: Contextualizing Health and Aging on Both Sides of the U.S./Mexico Border. September 14-16, 2016 at The University of Texas at San Antonio. Details at http://lbjschool.austin.utexas.edu/caa/2016-2/. To register, go to https://redcap.prc.utexas.edu/redcap/surveys/?s=E79NF48D9W.
- NRMN-Proposal Preparation Program (P3) at UC Davis. 4-month mentored process with September 19-20 kickoff meeting. August 1 application deadline. See https://uwheli.com/2016/06/24/grantwriting-coaching-groups-at-uc-davis-apply-by-8116/
- National Conference on Alzheimer's Disease/Dementia in Native American Communities. October 15-16, Scottsdale Plaza Resort. Aug 15 early bird registration deadline.
- Gerontological Society of America Annual Meeting, November 18-22, 2015, Orlando, FL.
- Summer Institute Programs to Increase Diversity Among Individuals Engaged in Health-Related Research.
- Well-Being Measures in Minority Aging Research and Policy Analyses. 2015 GSA RCMAR Preconference
- National Forum on Aging, Diversity & Inclusion, June 2015, Action Recommendations
- 2014 GSA RCMAR PreCon Cognitive Health Disparities Research & National Policy Includes program, presentations, and other conference information
- Archived Webinar: Sick and Tired (Because of Racism) – Socio-Psychobiological Pathways of Embodiment The February 2014 installment of the National Institutes of Health's (NIH) Health Disparities Seminar Series
- 2013 GSA RCMAR PreCon Maximizing the Impact of Health Disparities Research with Older Adults: STRATEGIES FOR ENGAGING COMMUNITIES AND ASSESSING OUTCOMES